Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Change

     Okay, you just got the news that you have to go Gluten-Free or sugar free and now is the time to panic, right? Wrong!  Gluten-Free baking is a blast and it is super easy!  My family had to go Gluten-Free about a year ago and at first I was very unhappy, to put it lightly. Come on, I LOVE baking.  It is a passion of mine, and I thought I would never make anything wonderful tasting again. Baking with bean flour was definitely not what I saw in a good muffin recipe.  But then my older sister (who is also Gluten-Free) discovered Pamela's Gluten-Free Pancake and Baking Mix!  And I have to say, I now like it better than all-purpose flour. All you have to do is just substitute it for flour!
     A while ago I helped teach a Gluten-Free baking class, and everybody was saying how someone they had known said that baking Gluten-Free was a nightmare!  It really is not!  In some ways it seems easier than useing all-purpose flour.   But a small thing you have to remember when baking Gluten-Free is that you can't let your batter sit out, because it will attract moisture from the air and change the consistency of the batter. Not much, but it won't be as good as it could have been.
    Now if you don't know where you can buy Pamela's Gluten-Free Pancake and Baking mix you can buy it at Kroger, Publix, or online at Amazon.com.  
    I hope you enjoyed the post and I will try and do one about Sugar-Free baking soon!


   - Marriah

No comments: